Many women have asked why sometimes they smell like onions.
Please read to understand why men and women's sweat smell different and what you can do about it.
Men Smell Like Cheese, Women Smell Like Onions
Body odor (BO) is not fun, either in private or social situations. If always present, it must be dealt with daily as BO is the target of endless jokes in bad taste. A research team in Switzerland recently took a close look at how human BO is processed by the olfactory system and the brain. This research analyzed armpit sweat from two dozen men and 25 women after each person had been in a sauna or ridden an exercise bike for 15 minutes. The sweat from women contained high levels of a sulfur-(5 milligrams per milliliter of sweat versus 0.5 milligrams in men) compound that had no odor. The bacteria commonly found in armpits turn this compound into another one known as thiol that smells like onions.
Men have only one tenth of the female amount of their odorless armpit sweat compound - a fatty acid in men. When male armpit bacteria process this fatty acid, the result is a compound that smells like cheese, although men are not able to generate the highest levels of unpleasant ‘malodor’ that can be synthesized by women. The researchers found marked differences in the sweat from men and women.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP ODOR
Bare Pits has revolutionized armpit detoxing. We all know the benefits of doing an armpit detox. Whether you are switching to a natural deodorant or you just want to keep up pit maintenance to remove build-up, toxins, chemicals, and bacteria.... this liquid roll on mask is just for you.
- remove bacteria
- remove impurities
- detox your body
- leave your skin smooth, nourished, moisturized, and light
STEPS TO FRESH PITS
- Incorporate an armpit detox monthly
- Use Bare Pits natural deodorant spray or stick
- A MUST! Bare Pits organic magnesium aluminum free deodorant spray(this kills and neutralizes odor instantly and also provides you with magnesium)
- Incorporate armpit cleansing twice a week to remove bacteria that causes odor and soothe the skin.
- Use HOLY pit butter or organic armpit healing oil for smoother pits